Did you know the majority of our guests at our facility will return home and resume their everyday lives? It is a common misconception that skilled nursing facilities, more commonly known as nursing homes, are strictly facilities for long-term care services, but The Laurels of Chagrin Falls has so much more to offer!
Find a Safe Pathway Home at The Laurels of Chagrin Falls
Our facility provides a complete range of short term nursing and rehabilitation programs for individuals unable to return home after a hospitalization, as well as a depth of services that typically can not be provided through home health care or by family members.
The Benefits of Living in a Nursing Home
At The Laurels, we help our guests achieve their highest possible level of physical, social and emotional independence while recovering in our home-like environment. And while our clientele is generally of the senior population, we can provide care for adults of all age groups.
Physical, Occupational Therapy Beneficial to Most Medicare Recipients, Study Finds
Our short-term stay and rehabilitation programs include, but are not limited to, comprehensive care in the following areas:
- Recovering from a surgery? Our team of therapists and nurses will ensure better post-operation outcomes.
- Are you or a loved one recovering from a stroke, or exacerbation from a neurological condition such as Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson’s Disease? We can provide neuromuscular re-education, movement and cognitive therapy, speech and swallowing therapy, and activities and exercise to restore function and activity, utilizing a restorative, compensatory, or adaptive approach.
- Are you or a loved one recovering from heart surgery or suffering from on-going heart-related ailments? Our comprehensive cardiac rehab program includes supervised exercise, activity recommendations, education on healthy lifestyle choices, and strategies for stress reduction.
Congestive Heart Failure Recovery
- If you or a loved one are recovering from a congestive heart failure exacerbation, our recovery program may be just what the doctor ordered! Our team of therapists can provide training in energy conservation and work simplification techniques, adapted techniques for daily tasks, education in breathing and relaxation techniques, and supervised reconditioning programs to help you get back to baseline!
Wound Healing, Wound Prevention & Infection Resolution
- Our nursing staff, with the assistance of a dedicated wound specialist, can manage existing wounds and prevent further infection.
Respiratory Endurance Program
- If you or a loved one are experiencing respiratory insufficiency and impaired endurance, we can help! Caring and committed Laurel therapists can administer education on breathing, relaxation techniques and energy conservation, and will supervise reconditioning exercises geared toward ensuring your optimal performance.
Digestive Diseases Program
Transition Program to Long-Term Care
- If you or a loved one is receiving short-term care at our facility and a more long-term solution is deemed necessary, our team will help make the transition seamless!
Allow the experienced and caring team of professionals at The Laurels of Chagrin Falls the opportunity to develop an individualized plan of care for you or your loved one! Contact us today for more information and begin the journey to return home sooner, safer and stronger!